View Single Post
  #9   IP: 138.207.177.95
Old 04-15-2022, 11:01 AM
Afourian MVP

Thanked 1,024 Times in 719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Neptune View Post
If your not handy at the fabricating the MMI part will save time and frustration for a bit of cash, a great "deal" in many cases.

Also note when fabricating the pipes and fittings it is not necessary to use sealant or teflon tape. Often with the large pipe you can't get that last little bit of a turn (tightening) to point in the right direction. You can just have them snug or even a tiny bit loose. The exhaust and water will "rust, lock and seal" the fittings in place after a couple of run cycles. I have done this many times and sometimes I even used a wire to hold the pieces in place until run a few times. Then do the wrap and your ready to go. Keep the boat open when running to get things set in place.

Dave Neptune
Note the MM part does not have to be used as shown, you only get the bronze parts. My exhaust goes 90 degrees, then up, then another 90, then into the side of a T. The top of the T gets the MM like fitting and the bottom of the T then goes down, 90 to horizontal, and then a pipe to hose fitting.
You are quite correct about the self-sealing. If you are impatient you can always run a bead of weld around the joints, but you are NOT ever going to get them full tight at the perfect spot.
The Following User Says Thank You to joe_db For This Useful Post:
TimBSmith (04-15-2022)