View Single Post
  #13   IP: 45.48.80.165
Old 07-22-2021, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN COOKSON View Post
Who knows how the previous owner has the boat\engine wired? The exciter wire should should be conducting electricity from coil + to the alternator not the other way around. I'd rewire the engine the way it was originally with the exciter wire to coil + and go from there.

ex TRUE GRIT
Ok, I am down to a relay, which I think might be the problem. Not totally sure though. The main issue is that the electronic water pump doesn't shut off when I flip the ignition switch. Yet my gauges do shut off, and that's everything on coil positive.

I think since I had gone to the channel islands, where I had a hot coil issue, it may have burned up something in the relay for the electric water pump.

Thomas from Indigo is sending a new relay assembly for shipping costs only, as he is helping me diagnose this issue over the phone.

I did wind up taking the wire off of the alleged alternator output, and ran the engine while testing voltage with my multimeter, and did get a strong voltage there. So I know my wiring is right. The ammeter does move with RPM, so I believe I am right there.

I would think if the exciter wire is back feeding the electricity, then my guages would still be powered. Not sure of the issue, if anything I will just wire another switch for the water pump.

As of right now when I turn the ignition switch on, everything powers on as it should, but when I flip the ignition switch off, the only thing that doesn't shut off is the water pump. In order for me to turn the water pump off I have to toggle the battery switch to on/off, then flip the ignition, and it turns on.

Ill update on Friday when I get the new relay.