View Single Post
  #9   IP: 50.153.106.196
Old 09-06-2015, 01:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to pdecker Send a message via Yahoo to pdecker Send a message via Skype™ to pdecker
No water in the fuel, and loosening the gas cap doesn't improve running

I started it up today and the ragged running starts within a few seconds. I removed the gas cap while it was running poorly, and that did not improve the engine, so I don't think it's the vent.

I could not remove the bolt from the bottom of the Racor since I put it on too tight. But I removed the whole filter and dumped the entire contents into coffee cups. (Don't tell the Mrs!) I did not see any signs of water.

When the engine shut down yesterday, it was a soft shut down like it was starved for fuel. Same today.

I do not think the problem is a fouled prop since the symptoms readily happen in neutral gear. But, I'll jump in and check it tomorrow to be sure.

So, I think the signs are pointing to the carburetor. I have the Moyer overhaul manual, and Don's video on carburetor troubleshooting. I also happen to have a carb rebuild kit in my spares inventory if need be. I'll probably attack that tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help!

http://www.moyermarine.com/cgi-bin/s...ey=CLIP_01_551