View Single Post
  #7   IP: 174.255.69.70
Old 08-12-2020, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Neptune View Post
First, how much is the oil level going up? It should be about as much as you are adding coolant.
The first check I would do is a compression check to check the head-gasket. If the compression check does not show a low cylinder it will be time for a leak-down test of the manifold and block. First check the manifold as it is easy to isolate then the block.
Since you stated that all the plugs are black I would suspect the manifold as the culprit.

Dave Neptune
Oil level went up a lot! See dipstick pic attached. Twice over the full level. I looked underneath water pump and don’t see a big enough leak to indicate it is that

Thanks for the heads up Dave. Yeah, I had read in one of the billetins that hard starting are causes for a leaky manifold...so attached is a pic of the number 1 plug. Also, how do I pressure test manifold? It is as easy as plugging up the exhaust section and pumping in from the intake of manifold? If so, I just did a few pumps and I could hear swirling inside towards block and no pressure being held...bad manifold then? Do I have this correct?
Attached Images

Last edited by southcoasting; 08-12-2020 at 12:33 PM.