View Single Post
  #7   IP: 23.251.193.2
Old 10-12-2020, 01:30 PM
Frequent Contributor

Talking MMO on valves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
Sounds like you need to keep putting the penetrating oil to the valves. Here's what I do. I've never had to do it on my own boat but have sorted out a few others. I mix 1/3 transmission fluid and 2/3 acetone ( you only have to mix about half a cup)...it's a very watery mixture but it is just works wicked on stuck valves and rings. Use a flexible tip oil dispenser to shoot it right at the valves. Let it sit a few hours and try it...repeat as necessary. You need to change the oil as soon as you get it running.
Thanks for the good info, Im getting excellent repair and maintainance tips here!

1/3 transmission fluid, 2/3 acetone
8oz MMO with every oil change
TCW-3 in fuel at 100:1

I was out last weekend and added the Kano Kroil to each cylinder, then cycled the motor, added MMO to each cylinder and cycled the motor, then added MMO in each cylinder to let it sit for a week. I will be down there again in the weekend to see if anything unsticks / check compression ... if nothing frees up I will try the transmission-acetone concoction...

Thanks everyone for all the feedback ... I dont feel miserable and alone in this, lol!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kcallowai For This Useful Post:
Surcouf (10-13-2020), TimBSmith (10-20-2020)