View Single Post
  #4   IP: 98.237.192.199
Old 01-25-2021, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN COOKSON View Post
The device in the picture looks like an OPSS. The wire closest to the back flame arrestor goes to a fuel pump? The other wire on the device is connected to the + terminal on the coil?
When you start the engine the oil pressure rises and the OPSS closes* and the wire from the coil is now grounded to the back flame arrestor which results in a shut down.

ex TRUE GRIT
The side furthest from the flame arrestor goes to the fuel pump; I believe that makes the side closer to the flame arrestor +, with the oil pressure sensor only activating if pressure is high enough. Until I separated them with tape, the starter motor wouldn't kick in -- the solenoid clicked, but then the entire boat shorted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN COOKSON View Post
Can you move the OPSS out on a nipple or as suggested to a bulkhead?
* The OPSS is a normal open switch

ex TRUE GRIT
It's rather tight quarters. I'm pretty sure I can remove the OPSS (drain oil, unscrew, etc.), but I can't imagine having enough bulkhead space to mount it elsewhere. Putting some sort of extension wouldn't really work -- and I don't even really need an extension, I just need to rotate it ~15 degrees. Is there any way to reposition it?