View Single Post
  #16   IP: 47.18.111.244
Old 02-18-2021, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sastanley View Post
I am not always good about taking critical in-the-moment pics.The boards are actually PVC board. I mitered the edges as close to the hull contour as I could get them. They were 3/4" x 3" or so...glassed in longitudinally, with West epoxy to secure them to the boat. What you cannot see is on the inboard side of the settee, I glassed in 1 inch wide blocks that were vertical to give me something to screw the battery boxes into on that side too. The top of the verticals matched the height of the 3/4" outboard support boards.

In hindsight, I might have done a similar build, however, I might have run the PVC boards athwarthships and glassed the whole thing in. I will keep digging to see if I can find more pics.
Yeah, I saw vertical blocks on the inboard side in your original post that I've linked. I actually like this design. I am thinking of doing exactly the same thing, but using wood. I was considering putting a board between inboard and outboard sides. May be using some glass over it too or making it removable.