Thread: Over propped?
View Single Post
  #10   IP: 73.178.105.13
Old 10-05-2021, 05:29 PM

Joe, Dave, John,
that is my prop...three blade feathering. I'm fairly certain the strobe-tach is working, but regardless, the engine just barely rises off of high idle speed and maxes out there. I've been reading the forum long enough to realize that I need an installed tach, a vacuum gage for the fuel line, a vacuum gage for the intake manifold, a back pressure gage available as needed, etc, etc, etc... I just never seem to close that loop. she's definitely firing on all four...I used a test light to short out each plug one at a time and watched for rpm drop. Prop is clean and feathering properly, I dove on it Sunday morning. Shaft rotates freely.

I assume that I'm the only person alive who hates the Indigo prop. I've found it absolutely worthless in reverse, and barely acceptable in forward to drive my relatively small boat at 4.5 knots max.

The Featherstream, even barely off idle, gives instant response in reverse. I like that. That being said, I can't abide taking six months to steam 200 yards to the pump out station.
s/v Anchovy, 1971 C&C 30-1, Hull #1
Tolchester, MD
The Following User Says Thank You to rickinnj For This Useful Post:
thatch (10-05-2021)