View Single Post
  #39   IP: 38.103.37.76
Old 01-18-2013, 02:01 PM
Afourian MVP

Runs normal and compression OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Neptune View Post
Whippet, as Neil & Edward pointed out there are many possibilities. I did not travel down that path as you made no mention of any rough running prior to the incursion, perhaps I should of inquired. If it was indeed rough running before you saw the incursion that would be an indicator of it gioing through the cylinders while running. A quick compression check may detect the head gasket possibility and preassure checking the manifold in place is relatively easy. Sounds like you have the winter to deal with and time is on your side to do the checks.

Dave Neptiune

Hi Dave:

A4 ran fine all summer right up to winterizing. Last week, i did the "thumb" compression check (after putting copious MMO in cylinders) and all 4 checked out. So still hoping it was just a few episodes of slow starting w raw water thru-valve open.

I do plan to do manifold compression test now that Mo has sent steps. All the queries about exhaust were intended as another winter project that could have contributed to water in oil.

Still trying to think through if anti-siphon valve is a worthy addition. Even if manifold above waterline, does it do any harm?

thanks again