View Single Post
  #22   IP: 47.18.111.244
Old 03-06-2021, 04:10 PM

Shawn, you were right about small gap between batteries settee lid. I took this pictures yesterday trying to see where my battery box would fit.
Name:  battery_1.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  69.0 KB
Name:  battery_2.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  93.9 KB
And things got even worse when I tried to move boxes forward (thinking if I ever want to expand the battery bank). All of the sudden the idea of putting battery box in the bow started to become more appealing. John, I am now curious where your main switch is located. I am trying to think what wire run lengths you had to deal with. I don't have much weight aft to balance batteries in the bow though.

When I got home I took another look at different forums and thought more about this. So, I think there are other options that may work for me:
1. Replace G27 batteries with G24 and put them under starboard settee. They are shorted by few inches and that should be enough to sit a bit deeper.
2. I am revisiting my earlier idea of placing batteries under the navigation table and using 2 6V GC2 batteries. They are taller, so I cant put them under settee. But this will give me a good size main bank so that I won't need to upgrade it. I could then put one G24 under settee as a 'reserve' bank.

Decisions, decisions... Got to make up my mind, so I can finish this project before boat launch.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wisakedjack For This Useful Post:
sastanley (03-11-2021)