View Single Post
  #20   IP: 172.58.79.108
Old 06-01-2021, 09:38 AM
Afourian MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by campbdon View Post
I am planning to replace all the fuel lines (the run from the tank to the pump was only 1/4" ID, not the recommended 5/16") with the USCG approved stuff. If water is not suspected as an issue, rather than adding a water/fuel separator, is there anything "wrong" with moving the coarser filter in front of the pump and adding a finer one after that (either before or after the pump)? If I decide to get the separator must it mount on a bulkhead? I don't see where on the engine block that could attach?
Don-
I think we got a bit off-course (but for a valid reason) and I want to make sure you got the answers to your main questions...

Quote:
"If water is not suspected as an issue, rather than adding a water/fuel separator, is there anything "wrong" with moving the coarser filter in front of the pump and adding a finer one after that (either before or after the pump)?"
No. In fact that is preferred to your current setup.

Quote:
"If I decide to get the separator must it mount on a bulkhead? I don't see where on the engine block that could attach?"
Yes, that is the typical setup and adding the Racor would be an improvement to your current system IMHO.
While you're at it, maybe add a fuel pressure gauge too as Dave mentioned?
(Attached is a pic of my setup. Although my Facet is also on the bulkhead for other reasons)
Attached Images

'Lone Ranger'

1978 RANGER 30