View Single Post
  #4   IP: 176.22.251.50
Old 07-21-2020, 05:06 AM

Thanks, for Measurements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Schober View Post
The cross shaft for adjusting reverse has been modified. Usual install has a pin (swaged in place) that hold a roller. On yours I see a hex head. I suspect the adjustment was made too tight, the pin sheared, and the roller fell into the sump. Repair was not properly done.
I also suspect if you look at the piece the actuating cam bears against, you'll find it is heavily worn.
Your knowledge has led to great ideas, the 12.4mm is an interesting number which we could not find in the instruction manual, the bolt is an M7 (7mm), I will get our factory smith to make a new roller on the Lathe today. This will hopefully help, this is at least a start to a solution.

My dad has also noticed that the "brace" as you call it has a hole in it, is this for fastening the brace? because the brace has also become loose, the whole Clutch mechanism can then move freely up and down on the planetary gear assembly, which is very concerning.

but this is probably a problem connected to the missing roller sins everything is a bit more lose the intended.

I will write again regarding this when the new roller has been fitted.

Thanks again from Denmark.