X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lil-amiss
    • Dec 2021

What to do with new minifold install

Hello everyone I am new to this forum I have a grampian 26 with very limited space in engine compartment I'm replacing the hot water section that broke in halve I'm going to re iuld with black iron though my be newly found issue is the only manifold is seized can't remove flange new used manifold I am replacing with is not taped and threaded as the old any recommendations on what to do next pictures old is rusty burnt new is yellow
    Attached Files
  • Al Schober
    Afourian MVP
    • Jul 2009

Easiest of course will be two find some 2 bolt flanges the right size. This may not be easy. Second choice is a 4 bolt flange with the right bolt spacing - just cut off the extra flange material (and holes).
    Another is to just put pipe threads into the existing holes.
    Finally, you could buy a new manifold from Moyer. This might be your best choice as I suspect the yellow one is ANCIENT.

Comment

• sastanley
      Afourian MVP
      • Sep 2008

Grampian

We have a one or two Grampian 26 folks here. Paging @PT26.
      -Shawn
      "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
      "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
      sigpic

Comment

• JOHN COOKSON
        Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
        • Nov 2008

The yellow manifold doesn't have a threaded fitting that the rusty manifold has. I guess it is the fitting for the scavenge tube from the carburetor?
        When you get this sorted out maybe studs rather than bolts (on the flange) would make work in the tight area easier?

ex TRUE GRIT

Comment

• Lil-amiss
          • Dec 2021

Originally posted by sastanley View Post
          We have a one or two Grampian 26 folks here. Paging @PT26.
          Funny page... This boat is THE PT26 acquired her from the amazing couple this past spring

Comment

Working...
          X