View Single Post
  #7   IP: 130.164.67.169
Old 03-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Frequent Contributor

Permanant Flush Fitting Mount?

Is there any reason to not leave the flushing fittings on the 6" pipe nipple if you include a ball valve before the garden hose fitting? This is for a late model engine.

Capping the nipple is fairly easy, but leaving the fittings attached would make doing the flush fairly simple in the future. I assume that the ball valve would provide enough of a seal to prevent any leak during normal operation. I only worry about the mass of brass at the end of a 6" pipe nipple. Could it cause stress or other problems through normal operation vibrations?

As a quick follow up, is there still value in doing the high pressure flush if you are unable to bypass the manifold? By this I mean only attaching the high pressure flushing fittings to the 6" nipple and pinching the the over flow circuit hose (or turning off the flow with the ball valve provided by the back pressure kit,) and just letting the water exit the engine through the manifold and out of the engine exhaust port. I assume it is less effective, but is it in any way harmful or dangerous?