View Single Post
  #8   IP: 151.196.110.189
Old 05-12-2022, 11:10 PM

Cool

Hi Shawn, thanks for checking in.

Yep, all good. I was kidding with a friend today and he asked how the carb rebuild went and if the engine starts better? He was out with me when it refused to idle and was beginning to malfunction. He helped me sail back into the slip since we had no engine by that time. I told him. "yea, it starts so well, that it starts 'before' I push the button."

It kind of blew my mind. After I rebuilt the carb, it of course had an empty bowl and was dry. The fuel line was also empty as I drained the small amount of fuel in it out when I removed the fuel line. After I installed the carb, I went to start it and was prepared to have to grind a bit until I got fuel flowing. But, incredibly, it stated instantaneously, no kidding, I don't think the crankshaft turned a full 360°. I couldn't believe it actually.

So, for now I think I'm good to go...lol...

Nice to see you and I appreciate the hello.

Also, I just noticed your signature about topside paint. I painted my decks last May, that was a chore, but the boat looks fantastic this year. New paint above the waterline where it can be appreciated sure is nice...

"Who is staring at the sea is already sailing a little."

1968 C&C Invader 36' / Late Model Atomic4
https://www.tumblr.com/sherloch7

Last edited by RobH2; 05-12-2022 at 11:12 PM.