Thread: No Neutral?
View Single Post
  #15   IP: 47.152.69.225
Old 04-28-2017, 12:11 PM
Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyjane823 View Post
OK, I am going to try it. Thanks for the encouragement you guys; it really helps. I had a local mechanic attempt to fix the problem, and he told me the cable was not the problem. He then disconnected it and tried to adjust the reversing gear using the information I showed him from my Atomic 4 manual from Moyer Marine. After he tried the adjustment, he started the engine but the lever would not stay in reverse. He said he put everything back the way it was, but the next day we left that marina and noticed we now couldn't get all the way into forward either! It will move forward, but stays at high RPM. So they made it worse than before. I don't want to go back to them (Camachee Cove Boat Yard). I have asked to talk to that mechanic again, to find out exactly what problem he encountered. And then will try your suggestions.
Bold. Italic. Underline.
Ditch the mechanic. Go with us.
This forum is a national treasure. Well not quite not quite but you catch my drift. You will learn much, much about your boat and engine and build confidence in yourself and your abilities. Nobody was born knowing anything about boats or A4s. You can learn it also just like we all did.

TRUE GRIT
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JOHN COOKSON For This Useful Post:
alcodiesel (04-28-2017), sallyjane823 (04-30-2017)