View Single Post
  #57   IP: 99.240.133.157
Old 07-31-2018, 02:00 PM
Frequent Contributor

Red face Engine Throttle Hesitation

So I had some good luck yesterday after a two week battle! The root cause of the issue appears to be the incorrect hose (compressor hose) was used for a portion of my fuel line from the previous owner, deteriorated over time and clogged the carb. Did the compression test yesterday and all cylinders were reading 100psi dry and 105psi wet with only slight 2psi variation. Through all the trial and error and issues with the choke it appears that my new plugs (3 weeks old) became fouled. I changed the plugs with an equivalent NGK BR6S that was in stock locally and the problem has been solved for the time being!! Engine is operating solid and runs smooth again and we then enjoyed a great night sailing. Will be heading out again tonight and hopefully were all set for our regatta this week. Just ordered the recommended Moyer plugs Champion RJ-12C so I have a spare on board. Will set gap at .035" per spec.
Lots of smart guys with great knowledge and experience on this forum and I would like to thank each of you for your help. Until the next time....
Thanks again - Frank
The Following User Says Thank You to Sange For This Useful Post:
CajunSpike (07-31-2018)