Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians

Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians (https://www.moyermarineforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale - Engines and Engine Parts (https://www.moyermarineforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Giving up-All A4 stuff for sale (https://www.moyermarineforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7197)

2dogsfishin 03-31-2013 07:11 AM

Giving up-All A4 stuff for sale

Hello A4natics,

I will be 3/4's of a century old this year, arthritis and other ailments are winning. On and on...

I have 4 rebuildable A4 blocks, one RTO I just removed from a customers boat last month, and a lot of good, re-usable parts, like heads, manifolds, cranks, cams, water pumps, starters, alternators, etc.

I don't feel well enough to inventory and take pictures, UNLESS,someone wants to take all of it SOON.The price will be right!
e mail me at bshmarine@yahoo.com put A4 in the title or call 850 572 1225 from 0800 to 1200 CDT ONLY. I do not answer the phone after 12 Noon.

Tom down on the bayou in Pensacola

ndutton 03-31-2013 08:50 AM

Yeah Tom, the calendar is relentless isn't it? I hope you're planning on hanging around here with us. You'd be missed.

Carl-T705 03-31-2013 11:52 AM

Well congratulations on making it to the 75th year!! That's a great phone protocol, not answering after noon, That's is something I'm going to adopt once I don't need one for work. That's is, if I don't throw in the dumpster first. I wonder if the convenience of a phone is worth the annoyance of one. I swear I hear one ringing in my head when I'm sleeping!

2dogsfishin 04-10-2013 07:03 AM

Dave from Vermont & phone call times

Hi Afourians,

A fellow from Vermont called last week about the RTO A4 I have and I didn't get his e mail address correct. I want to send him some photos. So, Dave if you are reading this send me an e mail oldflathead@bshmarine.com

I am a "Wobbler", that is a victim of the antibiotic gentamicin poisoning resulting in vestibular dysfunction, (total loss of balance). November 2007 I had a hip replacement, dirty OR, infection, open X3 and heavy doses of gentamicin that were not monitored closely. Back in the hospital 2X, Dec.10 2007, I stopped breathing, heart stopped and kidneys failed, resulting in a near death experience, (too long to post here).

Thanks to Physical Therapists who taught me to walk again. I have learned to cope, but it is very tiring as I must constantly think about balancing. At noon time I have one beer, snack, then a nap. I turn my phone off at 1200.

Keep On Keeping On (KOKO)

I have rebuilt any A4's in several years, as the demand for Perkins 4.108's is keeping me busy, 9 last year and I have 4 in my shop undergoing major surgery, rebuilt P4.107 or 8 long block is $4,995
I have really enjoyed sprucing up the RTO A4 and will be test running it today.

A4's are FUN!

Tom