Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians

Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians (https://www.moyermarineforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introductions (https://www.moyermarineforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Alaska Introduction (https://www.moyermarineforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4298)

Wade Rogers 07-14-2010 01:49 PM

Alaska Introduction

Good day to the forum. Just a note of introduction. I live and sail in Alaska, land of the midnight sun. Actually, I'm down on the S.E. panhandle of the state in Juneau. I live in a mountainous fjord and enjoy some awesome scenery while sailing. Yes Martha, we do sail in Alaska because our summers can be really nice (65-70 degrees, southeast winds to 15, etc). I've sailed since high school on everything from 26' sloops to 50' Beneteau's, 42' Sagas (Bob Perry design), etc.
At present, I own a Catalina 27 with an A4 engine. Got the Cat27 because she's not too big, not too small for intracoastal sailing and yet roomy enough for 3 people. I'm new the the A4 engine and was worried about a gas engine on a sailboat but the ol' girl seems to run fine. I love that it's quieter than a diesel and that parts are pretty easy to get.
Just wanted to say 'Hi' from the great, white north and I'll be posting a question regarding a high idle issue with the A4...
Thanks and fair winds
Wade

rigspelt 07-14-2010 04:28 PM

Welcome! This is a very helpful, friendly bunch. One of the most helpful and friendly is somewhere up there in your neck of the woods, so to speak. He'll check in soon.

lat 64 07-14-2010 05:20 PM

The sun never sets on the empire of the mosquito

Wade,
Hello from still farther north. I live in Fairbnks, but the boat is in Homer.
I lived in Ju-juneua-Juno-jeaneua-arrrg:( the Capitol when I was little in the '60s.
Rigs,
If you meant me , I'll take the complements.
Cheers,
Russ

CalebD 07-14-2010 07:14 PM

High idle issue

A high idle issue could be as simple as modifying the settings of the cables that adjust the throttle and/or choke.
Could be carb related too I suppose.
Welcome Juneau Wade.

67c&ccorv 07-14-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lat 64 (Post 24141)
Wade,
Hello from still farther north. I live in Fairbnks, but the boat is in Homer.
I lived in Ju-juneua-Juno-jeaneua-arrrg:( the Capitol when I was little in the '60s.
Rigs,
If you meant me , I'll take the complements.
Cheers,
Russ

Home of the great big freakin' bears that like to sneak up on you while you are walking the dog!:eek:

Al Schober 07-14-2010 08:29 PM

Welcome aboard. You'll come to love the Atomic 4 - even my wife has come to love ours. If you don't have a fume sniffer, I recommend one for peace of mind.

Al

sastanley 07-14-2010 11:12 PM

Wade, I like most of Mr. Perry's designs, have sailed on a Valiant 40 as a kid & read his book, (Yacht Design According to Perry) and we had a buddy with a Saga 42 here on the East Coast of the US (Chesapeake Bay)

I have a Catalina 30, so almost the same!

Welcome!