Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians

Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians (https://www.moyermarineforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale - Engines and Engine Parts (https://www.moyermarineforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Box of Atomic 4 parts-Free (https://www.moyermarineforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12114)

Crazer 12-10-2021 12:14 PM

Box of Atomic 4 parts-Free

Having exited the Atomic 4 community a couple of years ago when I bought my Cape Dory 28, and in no apparent danger of going back soon (my dreams of an A4 powered motor launch not withstanding) I'd like to offer up a box of accumulated Atomic 4 parts for free to anyone in the community who would like to come get them. The box includes miscellaneous early and late model parts (but mostly early) including an apparently complete early model mechanical fuel pump, a partial early model fuel pump, some carb parts, an early model starter and some impellers etc. The big get will be a new looking belt driven water pump and an older heat exchanger for a fresh water cooling conversion. I am located in North East Baltimore off 95, but will meet someone within a reasonable distance (Annapolis or Sparrows Point are especially easy for me). I'm not too interested in shipping just because I don't know how I'd pack this stuff safely and since it's heavy, it probably would be cost prohibitive for the taker.

joe_db 12-10-2021 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazer (Post 127491)
Having exited the Atomic 4 community a couple of years ago when I bought my Cape Dory 28, and in no apparent danger of going back soon (my dreams of an A4 powered motor launch not withstanding) I'd like to offer up a box of accumulated Atomic 4 parts for free to anyone in the community who would like to come get them. The box includes miscellaneous early and late model parts (but mostly early) including an apparently complete early model mechanical fuel pump, a partial early model fuel pump, some carb parts, an early model starter and some impellers etc. The big get will be a new looking belt driven water pump and an older heat exchanger for a fresh water cooling conversion. I am located in North East Baltimore off 95, but will meet someone within a reasonable distance (Annapolis or Sparrows Point are especially easy for me). I'm not too interested in shipping just because I don't know how I'd pack this stuff safely and since it's heavy, it probably would be cost prohibitive for the taker.

I'm in for it!
Annapolis is easy for me and Sparrows Point not too bad.

Marian Claire 12-14-2021 08:11 AM

I know I am late to the party. I find myself in need of a early model main nozzle. If there is one in this batch of parts I would like to try and work something out. On our last extended trip the A-4 started surging. Normal RPM then dropping then back to normal as we moved thru choppy waves on the nose. Long story short. It turns out that the main nozzle had developed some cracks in the tube that I think was causing an air leak leading to the RPM variations. I was able to use parts I had aboard to get her up and running properly. I just need the nozzle to make my spare carb functional again. I see that MMI sales the late model nozzle as part of the rebuild kit but not as part of the early kit. Does anyone know if they are interchangeable?
Dan
S/V Marian Claire

joe_db 12-14-2021 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marian Claire (Post 127503)
I know I am late to the party. I find myself in need of a early model main nozzle. If there is one in this batch of parts I would like to try and work something out. On our last extended trip the A-4 started surging. Normal RPM then dropping then back to normal as we moved thru choppy waves on the nose. Long story short. It turns out that the main nozzle had developed some cracks in the tube that I think was causing an air leak leading to the RPM variations. I was able to use parts I had aboard to get her up and running properly. I just need the nozzle to make my spare carb functional again. I see that MMI sales the late model nozzle as part of the rebuild kit but not as part of the early kit. Does anyone know if they are interchangeable?
Dan
S/V Marian Claire

I am mainly after the cooling parts. I can send the carb parts onward.

Marian Claire 12-14-2021 11:53 AM

Thanks. I will PM you with info.
Dan
S/V Marian Claire

Marian Claire 02-24-2022 08:38 AM

Just wanted to say thank you to Joe, Crazer and this forum. Joe sent me the carb parts and the main nozzle is a exact match to replace my damaged one. Thanks to all.

Dan
S/V Marian Claire

joe_db 02-24-2022 04:29 PM

And I have an old-style starter for anyone that needs it. Shipping it will be $$$, it is heavy.