Return to the home page...

Go Back   Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians > Search Forums

Showing results 1 to 25 of 212
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: Mo
Forum: General Interest 01-01-2024, 07:38 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 997
Posted By Mo
Thank you so much Dave. I've been busy. I...

Thank you so much Dave. I've been busy. I pretty much retired as a PA while back but a few years ago took a job driving a heavy hwy plow truck in the winter months. Found the medical field in...
Forum: General Interest 10-26-2023, 03:20 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 1,368
Posted By Mo
We have a guy at our marina that took a perfectly...

We have a guy at our marina that took a perfectly running Yanmar 2gm from a C&C 35. He took an electric drive motor and it works very well, has lots of torque but can only be depended on for a...
Forum: General Interest 10-25-2023, 06:34 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 885
Posted By Mo
Wave Rover Circumnavigation.

Good Day Folks, especially you guys in the Chessapeake

I've followed Alan Mulholland on Wave Rover on You Tube for a few years now. He crossed the Atlantic on a Contessa 26, sailed it back to the...
Forum: Exhaust System 09-23-2023, 10:02 PM
Replies: 20
Views: 4,272
Posted By Mo
I see your boat Shawn and the name...well I think...

I see your boat Shawn and the name...well I think of "Dock Holiday"...no disrepect intended being on a dock, but it has a ring to it.
Forum: General Interest 09-12-2023, 11:03 PM
Views: 703
Posted By Mo
The day that happened I got a "Flash Message". I...

The day that happened I got a "Flash Message". I can't say what I did for a living but I couldnt' then either. ...I was a medic though and upheld that tradition.

I was "OFF" driving past the post...
Forum: Troubleshooting 05-07-2023, 09:52 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 1,234
Posted By Mo
If it still doesn't seem right do another...

If it still doesn't seem right do another compression check on 3 and 4 just to ensure you have decent compression and no head gasket failure between cylinders. I think it a fire issue...
Forum: Troubleshooting 05-06-2023, 12:07 PM
Views: 1,234
Posted By Mo
Yes, if your valves are all free now by all means...

Yes, if your valves are all free now by all means reassemble everything and see what you have. The number 3 and 4 should not have been related. As Dave noted, check your firing order, take a second...
Forum: General Maintenance 05-05-2023, 07:58 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 1,198
Posted By Mo
Hi Perhaps the most common issue is cable...

Hi
Perhaps the most common issue is cable slippage near the shifter. Theres usuall a clamp there to hold the cable housing and the push rod moves forward and backward, forcing the shift lever. If...
Forum: Introductions 10-02-2022, 06:09 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 2,258
Posted By Mo
Just over a week ago Fiona wiped up our club. 11...

Just over a week ago Fiona wiped up our club. 11 sunk, 3 on beach, about 30 more damaged. Odyssey did fine, bent ladder and small paint chip. We are still cleaning up. Will need new marina for next...
Forum: General Interest 08-16-2022, 10:24 AM
Views: 1,758
Posted By Mo
If you had pumped out the fuel tank and cleaned...

If you had pumped out the fuel tank and cleaned as best you can I'd say you are done there. In the past we'd add some more fuel following pumping, rock the boat, and pump dry again. That said, it's...
Forum: General Interest 08-15-2022, 11:31 AM
Views: 1,758
Posted By Mo
Agree with Dave. Something else to consider is...

Agree with Dave. Something else to consider is continued dirt making it's way into your fuel system. Although you cleaned the tank, new fuel etc it only takes small particles flaking off from the...
Forum: General Interest 06-22-2022, 04:04 PM
Views: 1,075
Posted By Mo
Can't be discussing acquisitions such as pictured...

Can't be discussing acquisitions such as pictured with the Admiral. They think they have a budget. I'm down to 4 and 2 partials in my garage right now. I have one duty ready backup runner and one...
Forum: General Interest 06-22-2022, 03:46 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,045
Posted By Mo
Still around.

I'm still around. Just busy as heck. Just helped a guy remove, rebuild and install the A4 in his boat. I gave him every part he needed. Just sent crank bearings, pistons and rods to a machine...
Forum: General Maintenance 11-05-2021, 06:26 AM
Replies: 85
Views: 48,882
Posted By Mo
Windshield washer fluid for the head.

I was down to the boat yesterday to check things and ran into a member that has the contract to clean the yacht club. He was winterizing a pump he uses and told me that we should winterize our...
Forum: General Maintenance 10-18-2021, 04:05 PM
Replies: 85
Views: 48,882
Posted By Mo
Boat hauled, time to winterize.

This morning, myself and two friends hauled 3 boats and parked them for the winter. It was the best season I'd had in 4 years and I logged either close or over 1700 nautical miles. Most of that day...
Forum: Troubleshooting 09-28-2021, 04:46 PM
Views: 1,451
Posted By Mo
Alden just hauled the engine out of the boat this...

Alden just hauled the engine out of the boat this afternoon and pulled it apart
Number 3 piston....number 4 in firing order, connecting rod failure at bearing / crank shaft journal with the lower...
Forum: Troubleshooting 09-22-2021, 08:08 PM
Views: 1,397
Posted By Mo
I'd focus on the pump if not having starting...

I'd focus on the pump if not having starting issues or water on plugs. That inner seal can fail after prolonged use. Dave mentioned pressure testing the block...do that after the pump, meaning, the...
Forum: Cooling System 09-09-2021, 09:45 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 1,614
Posted By Mo
Art. A few things you can check. 1. Check...

Art.

A few things you can check.
1. Check oil for water on dipstick...this might alert you to a head gasket leak.
2. The raw water pump: If you seem to be getting the same amount of water...
Forum: Drive Train / Propellers 09-09-2021, 08:48 AM
Replies: 2
Views: 2,330
Posted By Mo
Hi, So if I understand correctly, this engine...

Hi,
So if I understand correctly, this engine is out of the boat and you just want to change out the reversing gear. If that is the case I did it about a year ago. I had a spare engine with the...
Forum: Introductions 09-08-2021, 01:33 PM
Views: 2,971
Posted By Mo
A look at the pictures shows that someone has...

A look at the pictures shows that someone has been at the engine. Although it looks a bit messy I'd be willing to bet that the person that had it knew what every little thing there was for, where...
Forum: Troubleshooting 08-30-2021, 01:22 PM
Replies: 38
Views: 7,545
Posted By Mo
Agree with Joe there. Ando, did you have anyone...

Agree with Joe there. Ando, did you have anyone look at that oil sending unit with you. Is there anyone we know close by that could have a peek? I'd do that before I'd go hauling things apart. As...
Forum: Safety 08-25-2021, 09:11 AM
Views: 5,322
Posted By Mo
Phone APP - On course

There is a phone app out there called " OnCourse-boating and sailing". It is parented by " Marine Traffic" , perhaps the best ship tracking in the world.

The app is free and once you are signed...
Forum: Troubleshooting 08-23-2021, 04:54 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 3,158
Posted By Mo
Hard to tell without being there. Need to get...

Hard to tell without being there. Need to get the camera down there and try and see where it's coming from. Sounds like a bearing to me.

Things I'd try.
1. Remove the alternator belt and...
Forum: Fuel System 08-22-2021, 08:06 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,836
Posted By Mo
I planned a 2 week vacation on the boat this year...

I planned a 2 week vacation on the boat this year and I knew I had to tackle the Eastern Shore of NS to Bra Dor Lakes. Late August into September that is a decent coast to explore, but May, June...
Forum: Troubleshooting 08-16-2021, 07:59 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 1,912
Posted By Mo
Ok, first check all connections around the...

Ok, first check all connections around the batteries and ensure all wires connections are clean and terminals are tight. Terminal posts also should be clean. If you have multimeter check voltage...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 212