X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Frequent Contributor
    • Jun 2024

Tartan 34 and a frozen afour

Finally on my boat- a 1977 tartan 34c, and getting into my Atomic 4. Its been cared for at some point, has an upgraded electric fuel pump at least.
    but currently frozen. I'm soaking in MMO and waiting to see if i can move it, then begins the process.

(older photos from a couple months ago- she's in the water now)
    Attached Files
    Tartan 34 hull no 469 -Seven Bells-
  • hanleyclifford
    Afourian MVP
    • Mar 2010

If the engine is frozen you should remove the spark plugs and shoot in the MMO or similar product. You could even use Kroil. Since you have no access to the flywheel remove the starter and figure out how to turn the flywheel using the teeth on the flywheel and the housing .

Comment

Frequent Contributor
      • Jun 2024

it's not actually as bad as that photo makes it look. only the bottom two bolts of the flywheel cover are below the sole. (and based on the way the bench cover sits, I could trim about an inch off of the sole, also.
      Tartan 34 hull no 469 -Seven Bells-

Comment

• Dave Neptune
        Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
        • Jan 2007

Looks easier to remove the starter and alternator. The access through the starter hole gives you something solid to pry on the starter ring teeth on the top and bottom. That gives you the ability to pry in both directions which is what you need.

Dave Neptune

Comment

Working...
        X