Return to the home page...

Go Back   Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians > Mo

Conversation Between Mo and Dave Corning
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Dave Corning
    01-06-2020 10:07 AM
    Dave Corning
    Thanks for the reply Mo!
    Thinking back to 2018 when the issue presented itself, it is possible that the boat was put into reverse without first throttling down.
    My friend and I did take a look at the cabling and it didn't appear to be the culprit.
    As for how the prop looks, I will get down to SWYC this week. I'll give the prop and the cabling a closer look and report back.

Thanks for your help,
    DC
  2. Mo
    01-03-2020 08:26 PM
    Mo
    Hi Dave,
    Was talking to your Dad about it around the time Hurricane Dorian came through. I helped him secure his boat in my finger after I took mine out for the occasion. He had a little bit of reverse...what did the prop look like when you took it out. Reverse isn't usually a major issue. I figure we can sort it out in the spring without any major issue. Since is was a sudden sort of thing it might need a cable or something let go on the cable. If the issue is in the gear box itself generally not a big deal either...30 min or so usually to go through it and fix it. Cable issue would require a bit more ...ing around.
  3. Dave Corning
    12-31-2019 12:03 PM
    Dave Corning
    Hi there Mo!
    My name is Dave Corning; my old man is Jim, who I believe you are acquainted, and our sailboat is the Scimitar, also a C&C 30 MK1, also located at Shearwater.
    We currently have little to no reverse on our A4 engine... I believe Jim did have a clutch adjustment performed about 10 years ago.

Do you know of anyone locally (yourself or otherwise) that we could chat with about getting our engine / transmission issue assessed and fixed?