Return to the home page...

Go Back   Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians > Mo's Profile > Albums

Odyssey's engine
Odyssey's engine and her spare...and my little puttering around shop...when winter comes need a place to go and something to putter with.
Hot exhaust on my C&C 30; rebuilt it Sept 2010; 2 packages of the insulation on it.
By-valve position on mine.
NGK XR4 plugs used in my engine. I'm Raw Water Cooled, not T-stat, and by-valve opened about 1/2.  Carb was set up and leaned out, no adjustable main...
Ball Valve installed when I got the boat 4 years ago.  No Thermostat.  Keep open 45 degrees and use hotter plugs.  Combustion chamber stays clean,...
If you note the flange in this pic I used oxygen / acteleyne torch and it took only a few minutes to remove it from the exhaust manifold. Then...
This is the exhaust hot section off my A4 as configured for a C&C 30.  The exhaust manifold is in the background.  Did this on Sept 28 / 2010.  I was...
This pic is taken by leaning in over the engine. It is the gear box with direct drive and stuffing box where it exits the boat.  I have a reduction...
Reduction gear on spare engine.  I initially thought the engine in the boat had one but apparently not.  Prop is a 12" 9 pitch 3 blade fixed.
Odyssey engine.  Got it all working in 2007 without too much difficulty;  
Problems: 
-summer of 2010 Had water in fuel, however, continued to run. ...
This is the engine in the boat: serial number 198108...1400 hrs on it (at least on the hour meter).  This runs perfect.  Had a few minor repairs when...
Digging out the spare from among the Junk in the garage.
Spare engine: Serial Number 202319..this is complete drop in.  I helped remove this one from a friends boat...he is a marine engineer and wanted to...
Looking for the spare engine...it's in there somewhere.  Boom and spinnaker pole hanging in rafters.
More junk around than one guy should be allowed to hang onto.  There IS a spare engine in there somewhere.
Work bench area...just finished up on a small project and there is junk laying everywhere.....at least it is used.