Return to the home page...

Go Back   Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians > Discussion Topics > Exhaust System

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   IP: 174.204.43.61
Old 05-14-2018, 05:47 PM

Suspected Exhaust Leak

At the end of the 2016 season i noticed the cabin was filling with smoke while I was motoring to a marina to get bottom painted. I figured that it was due to the growth on the hull and prop adding load to the engine. When it was completed and I tweaked the idle setting, the smoke stopped. I didn’t use the boat much last year, but it smoked again by the end of the season and again this year. I had the bottom cleaned, but still smoke. After looking at the engine I determined that the smoke was coming from the exhaust tube from the engine to the muffler. The smoke is white and it lingers with a gas like smell. My thought is to replace the exhaust tube. I have attached a picture for reference.

Any troubleshooting thoughts? Also, where is the best place to buy the tube? Mine looks different than other options I have seen (1979 Catalina 30). Thanks!
Attached Images

Tags
exhaust, smoke