• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wavdancr
    • Jul 2005

water lift muffler

Hello,
    I have to replace the exhaust pipes and water lift muffler in my Ericson 29. The old water lift muffler stands 25" high in the port side cockpit locker at the companion way wall. The water inlet tube enters midway up a 3" column. The exhoust outlet exits about 5"from the top.
    It looks much different than the stainless water lift muffler. Is there a schematic
    available for the installation of the stainless muffler? Any thoughts that might make the project easier?
    Thanks, Bob
  • rgoff
    • Oct 2004

It's an "all Ericson" crowd at this forum:

See what they say.

Good luck,
    Ralph
    1973 Ericson 27, "Hog Time"

Comment

• 1973 Ericson
      • Nov 2004

Hey WaveDancer,

They have a fabrication drawing of the exhaust riser on the website

www.ericsonyachts.org. look in the section for specs and documentation there is a full owners manual for the E29. the riser drawing is in the owners manual.

I couldnt figure out how to get a waterlift muffler to work in my E29 since there is no height clearance to put in a water injection elbow. So I decided to have another riser made same as original

I found a couple of differences between that drawing and my actual riser however. So I would highly recommend verifying all the dimensions before you give that drawing to a weld shop to have one fabricated.

I have a local weld shop making one for me right now actually. I'll contact you on it...
      ________
      weed vaporizers
      Last edited by 1973 Ericson; 01-28-2011, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X