X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oldlaxer1
    • Sep 2014

Cool Tool

Just saw this on one of the 2,000,000 ads that come across my email/facebook and for once I think it is something I could use. I have pretty good access to my motor but this may come in handy for others.

Tite-reach extension wrenches are professional grade hand tools that will make your job easier by reaching those hard to access nuts and bolts.
    John Novotny
    1973 Tartan 30 #186
    Baltimore, MD
  • GregH
    Afourian MVP
    • Jun 2015

Cool!

Wonder how well it works on stubborn/tough ones where you need good ol power up of leverage
    Greg
    1975 Alberg 30
    sigpic

Comment

• Oldlaxer1
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by GregH View Post
      Cool!

Wonder how well it works on stubborn/tough ones where you need good ol power up of leverage
      I saw a video where they used an impact driver with it. that must be the industrial model.
      John Novotny
      1973 Tartan 30 #186
      Baltimore, MD

Comment

• sastanley
        Afourian MVP
        • Sep 2008

OOooooo...that is pretty cool!!!
        -Shawn
        "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
        "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
        sigpic

Comment

• Oldlaxer1
          • Sep 2014

and another one worth looking at....

John Novotny
          1973 Tartan 30 #186
          Baltimore, MD

Comment

• sastanley
            Afourian MVP
            • Sep 2008

old laxer..I have the clamp tite tool..me and couple buddies got it at the boat show a couple years ago..i find more and more uses every day. (just did a couple clamps on the air compressor reel in the garage last weekend, and used it to replace a sinlge-use crimper clamp on the wife's Audi.)
            Last edited by sastanley; 01-17-2018, 08:48 PM.
            -Shawn
            "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
            "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
            sigpic

Comment

• romantic comedy
              Afourian MVP
              • May 2007

My dad was an iron worker (rod buster, lather, rebar installer. You know that guy who puts the reinforcing rods in the concrete. He worked with a reel of wire and linesman pliers, or nippers.

He would make "hose clamps" similar to the Clamptite. Just put a couple of turns around the hose and spin the pliers. Just like a tie on bread or a garbage bag.

Just make sure you bend over that cut off end of twisted wire, if you want to avoid a trip to get sewed up.

Funny, I never got cut on that type of clamp, but have scars from regular band hose clamps like we use on our boats.

Comment

Working...
              X