Return to the home page...

Go Back   Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians > Discussion Topics > Troubleshooting

#1   IP: 204.157.20.46
Old 10-11-2004, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

Stalling problem

I have the sudden shut off of an otherwise purring engine problem that I see others have had. Like others, it restarts fairly easily, especially with choke. I also have the orange material/gas in my fuel filter. Dry gas helped but did not stop the problem. Carb cleaner helped and so I'll clean/rebuild the carb and install a real fuel filter. Which one should I order and is it in you catalogue? I think I have the late model zenith 9 (with the copper tubing to the manifold). How can I be sure to order the correct gaskets? Also I have never cleaned the bowl of the annex to the fuel pump that the gas line feeds into! What is that and how do you remove it without spilling gas all over?
  #2   IP: 69.72.49.99
Old 10-13-2004, 12:20 PM

Question 1) What filter do we recommend? We have been recommending the Racor fuel/water separating filter for many years. You can now find this filter in our online catalog. It has a product number of: FPMP_05.1_349.

Question 2) I think I have the late model zenith (with the copper tubing to the manifold). How can I be sure to order the correct gaskets? The small copper tubing from the bottom of the carburetor intake throat is a scavenge tube, which would clearly indicate that your carburetor is a late model.

Question 3) I have never cleaned the bowl of the annex to the fuel pump that the gas line feeds into! What is that and how do you remove it without spilling gas all over? That bowl is only a sediment bowl. You remove it by loosening the adjusting nut on the bottom of the bail, which is holding the bowl in place. Before replacing the bowl, you should check the rubber (or cork) washer between the bowl and the underside of the upper housing. If the bowl has not been removed in recent years, it is best to replace the washer. A new washer is included in our pump repair kits.

Best regards,

Don Moyer

Last edited by Administrator; 10-14-2004 at 05:24 PM.

Tags
None