• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NickD
    Frequent Contributor
    • Nov 2004

Fuel Line Check Valve

Don, The forum this past weekend was great. I learned a lot a really appreciated your advice on the safety of the fuel system. I have received the new carb and polishing filter and will be installing it this weekend.

I wonder wht you think of the check valves at this link or have you found a readily available automotive check valve you would recommend? It's odd but it was as not easy to find an inline check valve as we thought it might be.

Check Valves Low Cracking Pressure Check Valves, Inline Check Valves, and Customized Valve Solutions Check valves are mechanical devices used to direct the flow of liquids and gases in one specific direction. Check valves are frustration-free devices that can usually be used without modification, but many complex applications require check valve customization.
  • Don Moyer
    • Oct 2004

Nick,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll be contacting this company (along with others) in our continuing effort to find a Coast Guard approved electric solenoid valve for a fuel shutoff valve. I'm thinking that a normally closed electric solenoid valve will be friendlier to fuel pumps than a spring loaded check valve, especially in the case of electric pumps which don't tolerate much in the way of elevated suction head.

Don

Comment

• agsurfer4life
      • Oct 2004

engine stalls

Would engine stalls in a pitching sea be indicative of a faulty gas tank check valve. Everything from the tank feeder tube to the carb has been cleaned, replaced or added(Gas/water separator, polishing filter) and inspected. Flat seas she's been running like a charm. If it sounds like the tank check valve, anyone have a fix or troubleshoot for it? Thanks mates, thanks Don for the excellent resource and products.

Capt. Wayne-O

Comment

Working...
      X