• hanleyclifford
      Afourian MVP
      • Mar 2010

Have you removed the accessory drive?

Comment

• Gari
        • Jul 2008

Housing off!

Thanks again Hanleyclifford and the rest of you folks. I got the housing off today thanks to your knowledge and persistent questions and suggestions.

Yes and no about the accessory drive. I had unbolted it but not removed it. Once I did, I saw the pin on that side of the engine and with a quick blow or two it was out - glory be! The screwdriver wedge did the rest, pronto. I am glad that I did not have to drive out the other pin as I would have had to remove the mechanical fuel pump - just one more thing to put back in.

Parts are now all home being cleaned up for inspection and evaluation. I have asked Don, but do any of you know if there are dimensional specs for the clutch plates?

Once again, thank you - how wonderful it is to have such a place to share information and knowledge. Gari------------------------------

Comment

• Gari
          • Jul 2008

No answer yet

The last remaining question about whether or not the forward idler bearing had be in place has been answered - yes it was. I also confirmed that the propeller is and has been secure on the prop shaft. The only remaining moving parts would be in the gear case. I will probably need to open that next. Gari------------------

Comment

Working...
          X