X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nyvoyager
    • Jun 2012

Update - parts required for a pressure test

I posted previously of various issues. Mostly all have been resolved but two.
    Summary: last fall I had a overheating engine due to a clogged elbow at the lift muffler. I believe It pumped water into the crank and I had difficulty extracting this milkshake mix.
    Fast forward: I poured two quarts of kerosene into the block. Ran it on idle for 3 minutes and was able to extract everything from the back of the gearbox. Proceeded to do 3 oil changes and while it is getting much better the oil is still not clear.
    From my previous post: sorted a lot of things and the engine is running fine.
    Is it possible to have a breach in the cooling system would not effect combustion?
    If someone can point me to the parts required for a pressure test I would be appreciative.
    Not sure if I'm closer to launch or further at this point.
    Thanks everyone
    Last edited by nyvoyager; 04-28-2019, 03:33 PM.
  • tenders
    Afourian MVP
    • May 2007

Here's how I did it a few years ago. Parts required: bicycle inner tube, bike tire pump w/integral pressure gauge, or pressure gauge from Home Depot.

Comment

• nyvoyager
      • Jun 2012

Thanks Tenders

Comment

• nyvoyager
        • Jun 2012

Ok Parts acquired.
        I can't believe how anxious I am to get this over with
        Attached Files

Comment

• Al Schober
          Afourian MVP
          • Jul 2009

Always a good feeling to accomplish something yourself - without farming it out.

Comment

• tarumaf
            Banned
            • Jun 2023

As a true motorcycle enthusiast, you understand the importance of having the right accessories to enhance your riding experience and keep you safe on the road. At our store, we offer a wide range of high-quality motorcycle accessories, including storage gear, bodywork, motorcycle mounts, seats and mirrors, and much more. Our motorcycle accessories are all made from top-quality materials to ensure that they are durable and long-lasting. Whether you're looking for performance-enhancing accessories or want to improve your overall riding experience, we can provide you with the best solutions and help you choose the accessories that are right for you and your motorcycle. Visit our official website today to shop for top-rated motorcycle accessories and take your riding experience to the next level.

Comment

• joe_db
              Afourian MVP
              • May 2009

SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Joe Della Barba
              Coquina
              C&C 35 MK I
              Maryland USA

Comment

Working...
              X