X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • griffithmarine
    • May 2011

New Impeller

Hi there, I just bought a 1973 Hughes 29 with an Atomic 4.
    I would like to replace the impeller but I am unsure as to which kit to buy.

The engine has a stamped plate on it displaying these digits:
    174354 UJ.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
    Griffithmarine
  • jayw
    • Feb 2007

There are several water pumps that you may have. Is it the pump that runs off the accessory drive back near the transmission and below the alternator? The plate that covers the impeller should have a name and model number or this should show somewhere on the pump housing. Ken at Moyer's parts dept. should be able to help you find the right stuff.

Comment

• marthur
      Afourian MVP
      • Dec 2004

Based on your serial number, you probably have an Oberdorfer pump. You can check these pictures of an Oberdorfer to see if your pump looks the same: Water Pump Pictures

Here is a link to the impeller for the oberdorfer pump: Oberdorfer Impeller Pump
      Mike

Comment

• griffithmarine
        • May 2011

Sherwood Brass Wks Detroit Mich.

1. The pump cover says "Sherwood Brass Wks Detroit Mich" so I guess I'm looking at a Sherwood kit.

2. The impeller that I removed has 8 blades and all of the A4 impellers I've seen have only 6 blades. Is it possible that someone jammed the wrong impeller in and it worked? I'd like to replace with the most suitable part

Thanks,
        John

Comment

• griffithmarine
          • May 2011

I spoke with Ken at Moyer. He directed me to a company called Depco. They directed me to a Jabsco part: 4528-0001-P.

Hope she fits!

Thanks everyone,
          John

Comment

• marthur
            Afourian MVP
            • Dec 2004

I have a sherwood pump on a project motor, I will take a look at the impellor tonight and let you know what it looks like.
            Mike

Comment

Working...
            X