• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tenders
    Afourian MVP
    • May 2007

15 minutes of fame: Spark Plugs

Yeah, I was skeptical too. But this did not disappoint. Unless you're Dave Neptune there is a lot of new information here:

So that's what a "resistor" plug is...and looks like! Who knew the "C" in "AC Delco" and "Champion" were the same person!
  • TheDude7B7
    • Sep 2019

This video is great. To me, spark plugs are always those little doodads that either work good, need cleaning, or tossed; never really think about what goes on inside or how their current form came to be. I sent this link to my dad who is a mechanic of 50+ years and he loved it.

Not to link spam this thread, but this showed up as one of the recommended videos when I clicked the link below:

This guy created a see through head for a Briggs and Stratton; a flat head engine similar to our A4's. Over a series of 4 videos he runs different types of fuel through it to observe the flame kernel. Just multiply by four and you have a good idea of what is turning the prop. Now all I'm thinking about is a way to 3D print a transparent head for my A4 and do videos like these.

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.” - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
    X