X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rhodes32
    • Sep 2017

Swapping reverse gears

Hello. I'm new to the site and forum. I own a '32 1957 Rhodes "Temptress" built in Woubrugge, Holland. I'm looking for someone in the Minneapolis / St. Paul area to swap out my reverse gear from my old 4 into my newly acquired 4. The new motor has a splined tail piece for a reverse drive. My set up is for direct. I deliver both motors to you. You can reach me at 612 356 0612. Thanks, Rick
  • Al Schober
    Afourian MVP
    • Jul 2009

If you don't get any volunteers, I suggest you try this swap yourself - it's not really that big a deal. Just swap the guts, as the transmission case is mated to the block with dowel pins (pull the bolts and slide the case aft). You'll need gasket material, plus the big nut and lockwasher for the tailshaft.
    While you have it open, I recommend you change out the cross shaft (shifter) for the stainless one that Moyer offers (one less thing to corrode).

Comment

• rhodes32
      • Sep 2017

Swapping over reverse gear

Hi Al. Thanks for the quick reply. Another issue with this project is time. I'm swamped with work and I'm trying to launch motor back in boat before cold weather sets in (not too long now) Corrections to original posts include I can deliver both motors if mechanic wants and of course I'll pay for the work.

Comment

Working...
      X