Return to the home page...

Go Back   Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians > Discussion Topics > General Maintenance

#1   IP: 70.124.37.117
Old 12-10-2005, 04:37 PM

Bushings for Teleflex MJB Throttle/Shifter Dual Lever Engine Controls ???

Does anyone know where to find replacement bushings and a detent ball for an old (1973) Teleflex MJB type throttle/shifter?

My shifter and throttle have a lot of play and the throttle is so loose it tends to creep back to idle if I dont keep my hand on it constantly.

Any Suggestions

Tug
________
Familia

Last edited by 1973 Ericson; 01-27-2011 at 11:59 PM.
  #2   IP: 68.72.99.169
Old 12-16-2005, 11:51 PM

I have an exploded diagram of the control (attached I think). One of the great Columbia Yahoo list guys sent it to me. I'll look for the contact to figure out where to buy the parts.

Jim

2nd try posting the diagram

I think I found the contact for buying replacement parts. Try:

Mike Charman <mike@charment.com>

Like I said, I got this name from someone else and haven't bought anything from him.

I did get a whole new control from Dave Bristow (www.davebristow.com/boaterbits.pdf) This seems to be a Chinese clone of the MJB control and isn't built as strongly as the original. I made a couple modifications to the one I bought from Dave, and so far it's working fine. Anyone wanting details can email me: (boothjg at ameritech dot net) would work best.

Dave is a great business person. I would highly recommend him. If you buy this control for an Atomic 4 from him, plan to make some strength improvements and you'll probably be happy. Make sure you tell him you're planning to use it with an Atomic 4. He might not want to sell it for this application because of my experience with it, and I would respect that choice. I've had mine only one season. So far it's working, and a lot less expensive than the Morse.

Update 8/6/09: I can't recommend this clone control for the A4. It was too weak even with my modifications and corroded internally quickly.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Morse MJB control 055000_609E.pdf (493.1 KB, 7257 views)

Last edited by Jim Booth; 08-06-2009 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Add "Make sure..." and "He might..." sentences. Added Update.