Return to the home page...

Go Back   Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians > Discussion Topics > Exhaust System

#1   IP: 70.161.161.65
Old 03-06-2007, 08:10 AM

Exhaust Temperature Alarm

I am rebuilding my exhaust system and think it would be wise to install an alarm to warn of loss of cooling water/high exhaust temperature. I currently have only an engine water temperature gauge without an alarm and have forgotten to open the water inlet seacock a couple of times in the past, with predictable results.

Any suggestions as to the best type of alarm? I have seen sensors that clamp onto the exhaust hose downstream of the water injection point and sensors that are mounted in the water supply line to detect loss of cooling water flow.

Also, what would be considered normal vs. high exhaust temp in the wet section? Most sensors seem to be set for 200F.

The in-line water flow sensors are adjustable and I'd need to know how much water flow would be considered normal vs. low for the late model A4.

I have a Cole-Hersee buzzer installed and connected to the oil pressure sending unit. Could I hook up the exhaust sensors to this same buzzer?

Thanks for any help.