Return to the home page...

Go Back   Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians > Discussion Topics > Links of Particular Interest

#26   IP: 24.224.206.117
Old 11-30-2010, 08:55 PM
Afourian MVP

Talking

LOL...Now I get it.
  #27   IP: 68.126.191.98
Old 03-10-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
In this neck of the woods (the Eastern Shore of Maryland), dressing up means a clean tee-shirt, and scrungy old baseball caps are worn 24 hours a day, indoors and out, being removed only when the American flag passes by in the 4th of July parade. Some indication of service in the armed forces, John Deere and various brands of seed/feed or maybe a dog or hunting scene are the preferred logos.

Labs sit in the passenger seat up front, with the wife in the back. It is generally acknowledged that there are more labs than people in Kent County, where Don and I live.

Nine miles away as the crow flies, on the other side of The Bay, there's Annapolis (the western shore [intentionally lower case]), whose residents refer to themselves as Annapolitans. That should tell you all you need to know. The pastors say it's only a quarter to call heaven from here - it's a local call, you see.

Bill
[B]The pastors say it's only a quarter to call heaven from here - it's a local call, you see.[/B

HAHAHAHAHAHA....best I have heard all year.
  #28   IP: 173.10.186.221
Old 03-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Afourian MVP

Chesapeake Bay is one of the best recreational sailing grounds, maybe in the world. Lots of destinations within a day's sail of each other, weather conditions that can change day by day (or even hour by hour), plenty of open water, but protected from the REALLY violent weather (worst I've ever been out in was maybe beating into 4 - 5 foot waves coming down from the north) and lots of neat little anchorages and towns to visit -on both the Eastern Shore and the western shore. I've done two 2-week trips entirely around the Eastern Shore (Baltimore down to Norfolk, out into the Atlantic, up the coast stopping at Ocean City, into the Delaware Bay and through the canal back into the north end of the Chesapeake, and back down to Baltimore). For a sailor, it's pretty durn close to heaven. Worst part is, it's only worth sailing in maybe 7 months out of the year - but I guess we need some time to get those boat projects done.

The Bay is probably why many consider Annapolis to be the sailing capital of the world.