Return to the home page...

Go Back   Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians > Classified Ads > For Sale - Engines and Engine Parts

#1   IP: 73.173.226.129
Old 01-11-2019, 11:37 AM

Late Model Fresh-Water Atomic-4

For sale is an Atomic-4 with fresh water cooling kit and 2:1 reduction gear, for $1,200. I pulled this out of my 1977 S2 9.2A when I bought it in 2015. I immediately converted to diesel, but in hindsight, I wish I had stuck with this engine as the repair was fairly straightforward, and I could have avoided the diesel conversion hassle.

My mechanic friend and I repaired the engine in 2016, but it sat (untested) in storage for the past two years. This past month (Dec 2018), we put fluids into it, set the timing, and got it running. It appears to be running great. Over the phone, I can explain more on this engine's history and the root-cause of the previous failure (prior owner).

To repair the engine, I had the crankshaft professionally repaired to original specs (by CGM Motor Sports). I installed new rod bearings (standard size) and gaskets from Moyer Marine. Given that this engine is fresh-water cooled, it hasn't suffered from internal pitting / corrosion that plagues raw-water cooled engines. Photos and parts receipts will be provided.

I've attached two photos to this post, but I have many more photos showing the interior during the repair. Here's a brief video of it running:

https://youtu.be/05y_cn8Qadw

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. You can come check out the engine running for yourself. The engine is currently located in a friend's garage work-shop in Annapolis, MD. I can deliver if the distance is reasonable from Annapolis, MD.

I do have one disclosure: The fuel pump has a slight leak. If you have a donor fuel pump from your old engine, we can swap that over upon purchase. If you want to add the cost of a Moyer Marine electric fuel pump kit, I can install that instead (recommended). Whichever route you prefer.
Attached Images