X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • longhorizon
    • Apr 2024

replacing an electric fuel pump

I converted to an electric pump several years ago and had one failure (necessitating a 0200 tow off of a sandbar and back to the dock; thank God for good friends). The current pump is now ~5 years old and I plan to replace it as I overhaul the entire fuel system. Apparently the orignal pump is no longer available nor advisable (AC Delco product). I notice that new mechanical pumps are rather pricey. Any suggestions for a *reliable* electric pump or would a new mechanical one really be the way to go?
    If it's relevant, ethanol free gas is unavailable here in New York.

Many thanks.

longhorizon
    T-34C
  • tenders
    Afourian MVP
    • May 2007

Don's electric Facet pumps seem to be quite reliable. I've never heard of an AC Delco marine fuel pump.

Are you sure the failure was due solely to the fuel pump? I had a very old one fail a few years ago. It happened quite gradually and never failed completely.

Comment

• MikeB.330
      • Jun 2006

If you're interested I have an almost new mechanical fuel pump in the for sale section. New they are $275 plus shipping. I am asking $155 shipped to your door. I was keepint to use as a spare for my electroninc pump but now I have a second Facet pump and no longer need it.

Mike

Comment

Working...
      X