X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Capt.Terry
    • Oct 2006

reversing gear noise?

How much noise is normal when backing my boat, Mine has a fairly loud whinning? I just read one of the post about this and did not know to hold up on the lever? Makes sense to me as it really is not going into gear. Going to forward at first there is noise but as soon as the boat gains speed it makes none. Guess the small amount of vibration I feel is from the two bladed prop? As I have stated before this is my first A4. The engine is running a lot better when I got the two gallons of oil out of it.!! I just bought the boat last week. thanks Terry
  • baileyem
    • Jun 2006

Whining noise in reverse

I have a 1966 A4 that operates perfectly well and also makes a lot of whining in reverse. I believe that I read about the 'problem' in Don's Manual for the A4 engine and transmission, that the noise is normal. Some engine/trans combinations just make more noise than others. I have come to accept the noise and no longer worry about it as long as I know that everything is adjusted correctly and that I have enough lubricating oil in there.

Mike

Comment

Working...
    X