• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tenders
    Afourian MVP
    • May 2007

Carb jet screwdriver set

Years ago I carefully ground down a slotted screwdriver so that it fit the smallest carb jets. Then I lost it, and the next time I needed it, in my haste to get the engine running later, mangled a jet or two with an improper screwdriver on a borderline carb. I replaced the carb, and after six seasons it's time to clean it out and get serious about a lingering reluctance to idle.

Sure, I could grind down another screwdriver. But I'd like to be able to buy a Moyer-approved screwdriver set to avoid the mangle factor. I see hardware stores selling six-way Lutz logo screwdrivers next to the cash register. Most of them are decent quality for this purpose - why not one from Moyer with carburetor-sized bits?

Option 1 - source custom bits
    Option 2 - use stock bits but grind them down to size. With proper training a high schooler could probably pump out 25 an afternoon.

For more information on Lutz Tools please contact us at 800-966-3458 or customercare@gorillaglue.com
  • romantic comedy
    Afourian MVP
    • May 2007

are you saying that MMI has a screwdriver set? or that you wish they did?

Comment

• tenders
      Afourian MVP
      • May 2007

The "Wish List" section of the Forum under which this is posted is for hopes and dreams of unicorns, and candied turbochargers, and of engine rooms made of gingerbread and lollipops.

Comment

Working...
      X