X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jerry creager
    • Apr 2012

electronic Ignition for Palmer P-60

Does anyone make an electronic ignition system that will work on a Palmer engine? Will the one listed by Moyer work on the Palmer distributer?
  • edwardc
    Afourian MVP
    • Aug 2009

According to my research, the Palmer P60 used a Prestolite 1AY-4010A distributor. Don't know how this compares to the Prestolite used on early model A4s.
    @(^.^)@ Ed
    1977 Pearson P-323 "Dolce Vita"
    with rebuilt Atomic-4

sigpic

Comment

• Dave Neptune
      Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
      • Jan 2007

Look around

Jerry, check with Ken at MMI and/or Pertronics to see if they have a "ring" that fits your distributor. If not try Tom at Indigo and see if "Crane" makes a shutter to fit and your good to go. If not the Photo Optic like the Indigo is easy to adapt to most anything. I adapted one over 30 years ago and replaced it when the new one with the trigger indicator light became available.
      Just some basic skills and an understanding of the distributor is all that is needed~not a bad job and well worth it in the long run!!!
      The number off the distributor is all you really need. Those distributors were used in many applications just like the Delco's.

Dave Neptune

Comment

• ndutton
        Afourian MVP
        • May 2009

Hot Spark is an option too. They offer an EI for Prestolite centrifugal advance 4 cylinder marine applications
        Neil
        1977 Catalina 30
        San Pedro, California
        prior boats 1987 Westsail 32, 1970 Catalina 22
        Had my hands in a few others

Comment

Working...
        X