Return to the home page...

Go Back   Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians > Discussion Topics > Troubleshooting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   IP: 205.66.87.3
Old 03-12-2010, 04:29 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to WILLIAM.PIERCY
Question Palmer P60 Questions

Ok I had an old boat with an atomic 4 that I got running like a top. Easy to get parts for. I bought another boat from a friend thinking that the engin was another atomic 4. It was a Palmer (or IHC) p60. So I have a few questions for any one knowlegable, and if you can pont me to som one like Mr. Moyer who works on palmers I would love you to the day I die.

1.Parts for this are a nightmare to find, Currently I have an exhaust leak that only shows up after running for around an hour tried soap and water test to find the bubbles but no go. examined it phisicaly and no obvious damage though there is a fair bit of corrosion especially where it meets the engine.

2 . Are there any anodes on the engin itself because the manual is very general at best ( and copied many times) and there don't seem to be any on the shaft. Not even enough room. Its a Pearson 33 racing configuration. ( not much on the web aobut this hull either)

3. I understand the engins are somewhat similar what if any parts can be interchanged, is there a list some where? My carb is mising its flame arrestor and the scavange tube just drains into the bilge. Im not to happy with this.

Though I must say the engin starts every time. These are minor problems but for me major safety issues. Especially the flame arrestor Im a bit parronoid about fire on board a ship after a decade in the navy.

Sincearly and with hope,
IT1 William C Piercy USN active