• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sastanley
    Afourian MVP
    • Sep 2008

Much better!!!

One of the other things you can do with that storm jib is put a tack pennant (wire or strong synthetic line) on to get it up in the sail plan a little bit..it will work with the mainsail to create a better slot, and it also gets the foot of the sail off the deck in the event a big wave comes over..it won't try to take the sail out with it. I'd raise it maybe 32" - 40" inches.

Do you have a bigger headsail for light winds?
    -Shawn
    "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
    "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
    sigpic

Comment

• sleonhard
      • Feb 2012

I'd like to run away with my home

the boat came with this sail and a smaller one but Rick (Dromo) has a 150 I'm going to buy from him. had it out of the slip for a bit seems when we raised the mast I wasnt getting it into reverse completely because it handled much better this time. Considering the motor was siezed, there was a bird living in the anchor well and a couple of mice called this home not to forget several wasp nests (should have probably been declared a wild life preserve) it is coming along nicely.
      sigpic

Comment

• sastanley
        Afourian MVP
        • Sep 2008

I am not busting your chops...you are making awesome huge strides...keep up the good work!

My motor won't even run currently because I haven't finished the re-wiring project yet..
        Last edited by sastanley; 04-13-2012, 10:05 PM.
        -Shawn
        "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
        "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
        sigpic

Comment

• systemek
          • Jul 2011

Boom Rigging

As promised....boom rigging, traveler, goose neck, and tensioner....
          Attached Files
          sigpic
          Ezra K
          "Tumbleweed"
          1970 Cal29
          San Diego, CA

Comment

Working...
          X