X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pknier
    • Oct 2004

Fuel line pressure gauge

Does anyone have pictures of how they installed their fuel line pressure gauge? Any do's and don't's about the installation? thanks!
  • Al Schober
    Afourian MVP
    • Jul 2009

The fittings you need will depend on two things. First is whether the gauge you buy is rear or bottom mount (location of the 1/8" NPT male). Second is your viewing location. Are you looking from the flywheel end (engine under cockpit) or perhaps from above?

Comment

• roadnsky
      Afourian MVP
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by pknier View Post
      Does anyone have pictures of how they installed their fuel line pressure gauge?
      As you wish...
      Attached Files
      -Jerry

'Lone Ranger'
      sigpic
      1978 RANGER 30

Comment

• joe_db
        Afourian MVP
        • May 2009

Mine is in the cockpit. I found not being able to see it underway was not optimal.
        The sensor screws in to a standard NPT 1/8" fitting and the connection to the gauge is electrical.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by joe_db; 08-06-2020, 10:59 AM.
        Joe Della Barba
        Coquina
        C&C 35 MK I
        Maryland USA

Comment

• joe_db
          Afourian MVP
          • May 2009

How it used to work:
          Attached Files
          Joe Della Barba
          Coquina
          C&C 35 MK I
          Maryland USA

Comment

• JOHN COOKSON
            Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
            • Nov 2008

When I installed my fuel pressure gauge, after I got the fittings tight enough so they did not leak gasoline, all the fittings were sort of pointing in the wrong direction. I finally bought some ethanol proof thread compound so everything would line up and not leak.

I read advice somewhere not to tighten fittings to tight to the carburetor because the aluminum carburetor body might split at the inlet port.

If you do not have a "polishing filter" between the fuel pump and the carburetor this is an excellent time to install one. The pressure gauge and the filter work hand in glove - the pressure gauge will let you know when the filter is or is becoming blocked.

ex TRUE GRIT
            Last edited by JOHN COOKSON; 08-06-2020, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X