X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grant
    • Aug 2016

A4 paint

I am doing a little touch up on my A4 and the Rustolium primer works good and almost matches the original paint, but no gloss. I dont like spray cans for touch up or for storing in a boat or I would buy Moyers paint. Does anyone know of a regular engine enamal that matches the A4 Bronze/Gold color? Thanks ahead of time. Grant.
  • JOHN COOKSON
    Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
    • Nov 2008

Rust-Oleum Hammered copper.

TRUE GRIT

Comment

• capnward
      Afourian MVP
      • Aug 2012

John has answered your question, but I want to report my experience. I had a serious overheating episode a few years back. Compression was still good afterward, but the paint on the head largely baked off. After that a leaky heat exchanger sprayed salt water over the hot head, and there was little paint left. In April, after removing plugs and wires, plugging the spark plug holes, and wire brushing and vacuuming the head/manifold, I went with Rust-Oleum 249340 High heat primer, gray, followed by Rust-Oleum 241232 High Heat Ultra Enamel Spray, Aged Copper. I don't see that these paints are available in cans for brushing.
      I don't mind using spray cans, I store them off the boat usually. I only painted the head and the manifold, masking off other areas. As far as I can tell, the color is very like the Moyer bronze. It is perhaps a little less brown, and a little lighter. The gloss is good. It has held up well this summer after over 100 hours of running. I particularly like the fact that the hot end of the manifold is not affecting the paint, as we often see on these engines.

Comment

• Grant
        • Aug 2016

Great information. Thank you. I will see what I can locate. Grant.

Comment

Working...
        X