Ahoy there! from the Great Lakes..Centre Ice (Sault)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doogymon
    • Jun 2018

Ahoy there! from the Great Lakes..Centre Ice (Sault)

Hi from Doog

I have a Fabulous A4 in the rare 1970 C&C36R that i stumbled upon last spring. The boat is one of the custom C&Cs from the pre-IOR era and she is a magnificent sailing machine. On delivery I had to do a point and rotor clean job and the A4 has run top notch since that day in May of 2018. Lots to learn and do as my smaller C&C has a Yanmar. Great site and I am thankful you folks are here!

Cheers

Doog
  • JOHN COOKSON
    Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
    • Nov 2008

If you don't have one already I recommend that you buy copy of the Moyer A4 service and overhaul manual. It's a gold mine of information.

TRUE GRIT

Comment

• Sam
      Afourian MVP
      • Apr 2010

Helpful if you determine if you have "early" model [about 1969 or before], late model [about 1970 or later] or some hybrid combining some of both. If oil cap is forward implies late model, if oil "flip cap" is next to smaller prestolite distribor [condenser on side vs inside the dist cap] you have early model.

Comment

• Al Schober
        Afourian MVP
        • Jul 2009

Having to clean up the points after several idle months is not unusual. If you tire of the job, there's always electronic ignition (with it's issues, but I never went there).

Comment

Working...
        X