Return to the home page...

Go Back   Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians > Owner Discussion Groups > Discussion Groups > Pearson

#1   IP: 12.145.122.16
Old 07-12-2006, 02:18 PM

Where does the blower get attached on a Pearson 30?

Hello -

I recently had a rebuilt A4 installed in my Pearson 30 and there were some issues with the installation. At this point the engine is running fine but I still have an electrical issue and perhaps someone can help me with it.

Before I start the engine I turn on the batteries and then turn on the bilge blower. Everything fine.

When I turn the engine key (as opposed to pushing the starter button) the bilge blower picks up greatly in power.

Next, when I try to crank the engine I just get a clicking sound as though the battery is dead.

However, if I turn off the bilge blower then the engine then cranks happily and starts right up.

Does anyone know where the blower should be wired to? Or what could be going on? My inclination would be to disconnect the blower from whereever it is connected and then connect it to the positive and negative sides of the DC panel (where the cabin lights, running lights, everything else is also connected). Am I correct or does the bilge blower require special treatment.

Thanks in advance for any help. Chris
  #2   IP: 38.118.52.41
Old 07-12-2006, 05:21 PM

Chris,

It would be very difficult for anyone to sort out what may be going on with your electrical panel from the information you're presenting, but I predict that there is more wrong than simply the location of the bilge blower connection. The bilge blower wouldn't require any special connecting considerations and until you sort out why the starter performance varies with the bilge blower operation, I'd remove the bilge blower from the equation and recheck the primary connections between the engine and the cockpit panel.

Here's a link to our DC engine distribution schematic for your review.

Don
  #3   IP: 12.145.122.16
Old 07-12-2006, 05:55 PM

Don -

Sounds like a great approach that will help me get to the bottom of this problem.

Thanks! Chris