• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jim Mac
    Frequent Contributor
    • Jan 2007

Head Holes

Hi,

I have been working on a complete overhaul of my A4. When I'm looking at the top of the block with the head removed I can see a number of through holes going into the water cavity of the engine right next to the threaded stud holes. I have been wondering if these holes should match up with the holes in the head. If I look at the head where they do line up, I see a faint circle where I would have thought a hole should exist.

I have been tapping these areas to see if it is a blockage, but they seem very hard. Is the coolent supposed to go throught the block into the head via these holes.

Any clearification would be greatly appriciated.

Jim
    Attached Files
  • Allen Kamfonik
    • Jan 2007

Head cooling holes

Jim,
    I’m in the process of doing the same thing. My head just got back from the machine shop, it was cleaned and the surface refinished. I had four spots that looked like they may have been blocked but after it returned from the shop those spots are gone. Two had been located at the front (thermostat) side, one in the center on valve side and the last at the back on the valve side. Good luck with your rebuild.
    Allen

Comment

Working...
    X