• Nov 2004

Mmi

Good people.........

Comment

• Windsinger
      Frequent Contributor
      • Mar 2010

member new threads

Hello Sticky. I am a new member and I think I have done all the registration correctly but as yet I have not been able to post a new thread. I am have serious problems with my a-4 getting absolutely no fire and was hoping to to get help here. Please help if you can.
      Thank you
      Wind Singer
      s/v Columbia 28
      Redwood City, Ca.

Comment

• edwardc
        Afourian MVP
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Windsinger View Post
        Hello Sticky. I am a new member and I think I have done all the registration correctly but as yet I have not been able to post a new thread. I am have serious problems with my a-4 getting absolutely no fire and was hoping to to get help here. Please help if you can.
        Thank you
        Wind Singer
        s/v Columbia 28
        Redwood City, Ca.
        Windsinger,

Welcome to the forum! With enough info (snd pictures, we love pictures!), we'll get you going. There's a tremendous wealth of A4 knowledge here that is freely shared.

To start a new thread, do this:

1. On the main forum page, ignore the recent posts and scroll down th the bottom of the page. You'll see a list of discussion topics.

2. Click on the topic area that is appropriate for your post.

3. On the topic's page, scroll to the bottom and click the "New Thread" button.
        @(^.^)@ Ed
        1977 Pearson P-323 "Dolce Vita"
        with rebuilt Atomic-4

sigpic

Comment

• romantic comedy
          Afourian MVP
          • May 2007

I want to thank MMI, Don, and all the staff.

Without MMI where would the Atomic Four be?

What number post am I??

Comment

• Jimmy
            • Aug 2011

Thanks to All of You Guys!

I don't post often...spend most of my time just reading threads, as i have little to ofer, but lots to learn....... however I have learned how to diagnose a bad coil

Thanks not only to Ken and his Team, but to the numerous contributors that make this such a valuable tool for those of us that just " lurk", and learn!

Cheers,
            Jimmy
            sigpic
            Jimmy
            C&C 29 MK1
            Erieau , Lake Erie

Comment

• CalebD
              Afourian MVP
              • May 2007

Sing praises for MMI

Without MMI it would be a virtual desert when searching the internet for replacement parts for our A4s.

Sure, I could find some parts at a NAPA store or equivalent but no sales clerk at a NAPA store would know anything about a flat head 4, 4 stroke engine like the A4. I tell them I own a tractor if they ask. NAPA would not be able to get me a new head for my A4 though and MMI can supply you with all the parts to build a brand new A4 engine now.

This forum is also a godsend thanks to MMI and all of the contributors, some of whom are some pretty heavy weight motor heads with way more knowledge than I possess (you know who you are). There are even female mechanics who check in here so it is thankfully not entirely a boys club.

I think the thing that sets MMI apart from most vendors I use for boating products these days is that you can actually talk to a real human on the phone; and not just some underling. I have spoken to Ken, don and probably Brenda at one time or another and always been amazed at the depth of knowledge these folks possess, not to mention patience.

Just another satisfied customer and fan.
              Tartan 27 #328 owner born 1958
              A4 and boat are from 1967

Comment

• Mo
                Afourian MVP
                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Administrator View Post
                Sometime in the next few hours, post #20,000 will appear on this forum. Today, new member #3,900 registered.

We launched the Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community Forum in October of 2004. It has fulfilled our dreams and wishes beyond anything we might have imagined. Thanks to all of you who have taken the time to contribute your problems, thoughts, comments, pictures, recommendations, experiences, and whatever.

As our Senior Members will attest, it's all about the content, and we are truly blessed.

Bill
                MMI Webmaster
                Not as blessed as we are. The one stop shopping for Atomic 4 insight, troubleshooting, maintenance, parts...as well as general boat maintenance. The dreams fulfilled were of those who want to skipper their own boat, with the luxury of being Chief Engineer as well. I love this place!!!!
                Mo

"Odyssey"
                1976 C&C 30 MKI

The pessimist complains about the wind.
                The optimist expects it to change.
                The realist adjusts the sails.
                ...Sir William Arthur Ward.

Comment

• Whippet
                  Afourian MVP
                  • May 2012

Civility

In the impersonal web world, it is so easy to snipe at others - who are faceless posts at the other end.

What is so impressive about this site is the degree of civility and decorum. New members are heartily welcomed. Senior members are revered for their wisdom. Opinions are welcomed and not criticized.

Don and Ken set the tone from the beginning and you the members carry that torch.
                  Steve
                  Etobicoke YC, C&C27
                  A4 #204381, 1980

Comment

• joe_db
                    Afourian MVP
                    • May 2009

Some of you may not know how bad A4 ownership could be back in the day. Our first A4 powered boat was a Pearson 30 bought new in 1973. Nothing ever went wrong with that engine and we really didn't think much about it. It was an engine, it started every time, and we changed the oil twice a year. The next boat likewise the engine pretty much needed no attention for many years. That boat, bought in 1977, is the one we still have. Fast forward to the late 80s/early 90s and the engine has thousands of hours, much in saltwater, and is anything but reliable. NO ONE wanted to work on it. Any shop that came near it took one look and said "REPLACE WITH DIESEL" as the only possible repair option. I finally gave in at one shop and they hauled a diesel down to the boat, took some measurements, said it wouldn't fit, and left
                    Anyway NOW we have support and parts beyond my wildest dreams in 1990
                    * willing and able marine mechanics for A4s are still hard to find though.
                    Joe Della Barba
                    Coquina
                    C&C 35 MK I
                    Maryland USA

Comment

Working...
                    X